Hi! I know it has been absolutely forever since I have posted, but I am so excited to be back! I’m hoping to get some good content out as I have missed blogging so much! Today I wanted to do an updated skin care routine as there are lots of goodies that I have been using lately that I wanted to share with all of you. The way I have laid out this post is by quickly explaining my morning & evening skin care routines, and then after that I will explain each product in-depth and also give a few other products that I love. I hope you enjoy! P.S. – clicking on the product name will take you to the site to purchase the product. 😋
I like to keep my skin care in the morning fairly simple, so I tend to use only the basics.
- Cleanse – Under Aurora Gentle Facial Cleanser
- Tone – Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray
- Eye Cream – Murad Essential C Eye Cream SPF 15
- Moisture + SPF – Clinique Moisture Surge Intense and Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster SPF 50
- Remove Makeup – Dermalogica PreCleanse Oil
- Cleanse – Under Aurora Gentle Facial Cleanser
- Tone – Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray
- Serum – Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum
- Moisture – Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil
Now to go a little more in-depth 😊 ->
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
- I started using this about a year ago as a quick makeup remover for when I was feeling a bit lazy (😬). When I was at the store they were out of the original one with the pink lid, so I ended up getting the waterproof because I figured it wouldn’t really matter. I do think that this is a good cleansing water, but I wouldn’t say it is the best. After using it a few times I don’t think that it takes makeup off that great on its own, but is good to use after a makeup wipe to remove excess makeup, or before using a cleanser.
- Dermalogica PreCleanse Oil
- I started using this product in Esthetician school a couple of years ago and have been obsessed with it ever since! It has apricot & Vitamin E oils in it so not only does it feel great on the skin, it also smells great! You apply it to dry skin, add water to your fingers, and then massage that in while it emulsifies. I love using this to remove all the makeup & dirt that I have on my skin before using a cleanser. I learned the double cleanse method from dermalogica and haven’t stopped since!
- Under Aurora Gentle Facial Cleanser
- You can’t really tell from the bottle, but I’m almost out of this cleanser and will definitely be purchasing another one, that’s how good it is! It is perfect for any skin type as it is super gentle. The milky consistency of this cleanser helps to clean the skin while not drying out the skin at all. I highly recommend this, especially for people who are wanting to keep their skin care natural as the main ingredients include sunflower seed oil, rose-water, and lavender oil.
- Special Cleansing Gel
- Another Dermalogica product that I love! It is a foaming cleanser but includes ingredients like calming balm mint and lavender to help soothe the skin while removing dirt & oils. Sometimes I will replace my Under Aurora cleanser with this, especially on very intense makeup days when I am looking to get a reallllllly good cleanse in. I also love using this product with my Clarisonic Mia 2 to get a really deep cleanse.
I get asked a lot what the point of a toner is, and the most basic purpose is to balance the pH in the skin. Cleansers tend to make the skins pH all out of whack, so toners balance that out while also targeting hydration or oil production.
- Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner
- Can you tell I love Dermalogica yet? This toner is one that I have used for some time now, and it tends to be a go to for me. Its top ingredients include lavender & arnica which help to condition the skin.
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray
- I picked this up a few months ago as I was wandering around the beauty isle at my local health food store. I had been looking for a rose-water spray for some time, but hadn’t made my final decision when I saw this. After seeing that this had not only the rose water, but hyaluronic acid as well as aloe made me definitely want to try it. It smells amazing and feels awesome on the skin as it is hydrating and soothing.
Exfoliants & Mask
My exfoliants and masks definitely vary on a weekly basis, but I wanted to shout out a few that I have loved for some time now.
- Dr Brandt PoreDermabrasion Scrub
- I received this in a boxy charm and it is definitely something that I will continue using! Dr. Brandt is known for its Pores No More line as well as its Microdermabrasion scrub, so I think of this as the best of both. It contains micro crystals as well as salicylic acid to manually exfoliate the skin and unclog & refine the appearance of pores. I like to use this once a week or once every two weeks as it is a very intense scrub and sometimes my skin is a bit too sensitive to handle it.
- Fresh Rose Face Mask
- This is the little baby version since I haven’t even completely gotten through that yet, but I really enjoy it! The rose-water, cucumber, and aloe help soothe the skin while green tea brightens and protects the skin. It smells amazing and feels very cooling on the skin, which I love!
- Seraphine Botanicals Sugar + Lemon Lip Buffer
- I received this little guy in a boxy charm as well, and even though I have only tried it a few times I can tell it will be a staple in my routine. It has small sugar crystals that aren’t too rough on the lips and is PACKED with hydrating ingredients like avocado, apricot, and jojoba oils as well as shea AND cocoa butter. This scrub makes your lips feel extremely soft and is easily one of the best I have ever tried.
Eye creams are a product that I know I should probably start using, but I am a bit lazy with it. These are my current staples –
- Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15
- I really like the feeling of this eye cream, and that it has the SPF so it is perfect for during the day. Avocado oil hydrates while caffeine helps to reduce puffiness and light diffusers help to reduce darkness and the appearance of fine lines. Even with the avocado oil it still feels very light, so it works great underneath makeup.
- Garnier Clearly Brighter Eye Roller
- This was one of those products that I used in probably 7th grade feeling like I was a skin care expert. To this day I still love this product! I forgot about it for a few years, but about a year ago purchased it again after I remembered how much I loved it. It contains vitamin c and caffeine to help reduce puffiness and dark circles. I have to say though, the best part about this product is the roller! I love using this in the morning as it feels so cooling and refreshing after waking up.
Serums are something that I feel got popular fairly recently as people are just now starting to realize how amazing they are! The point of a serum is that they are full of specific target ingredients that cover a variety of concerns. Plus, they tend to be molecularly very small – so they penetrate deeply with ease and can be followed by a moisturizer almost immediately.
- Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum
- This was another health food store find, and I don’t know how I lived without it. Serums for me have been very iffy, as I haven’t been able to find one that I loved until I found this. It has 16 active ingredients including glycolic acid and lactic acid, as well as white tea to neutralize free radicals and ceramide for moisture protection. The ingredients that are included in this are wonderful & natural, and I love using this at night before a facial oil to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and refine skin texture.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense
- I used the original Clinique Moisture Surge a year or so ago and loved it, but it wasn’t quite enough moisture for me. That particular formula was more of a gel consistency while this is a cream, but they are both awesome products. I really enjoy how soft it makes my skin along with how hydrated I feel after using it.
- Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil
- I picked this up the same day I picked the exfoliating serum up. I passed by this originally and put it on the back of my hand and tried to walk away, but as soon as I felt this formula I had to go back and get it! The Argan and Sunflower Seed Oils highly moisturize the skin while the antioxidant ingredients help to protect against photo aging. I love using this at night and waking up in the morning with extremely soft & hydrated skin.
- Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster SPF 50
- I love that this is not only a Broad-Spectrum SPF, but it also has antioxidant protection. SPFs are fairly self-explanatory, so basically I love using this alone or mixing it with my moisturizer in the morning for sun protection!
- Lancome Bienfait UV 50+
- I received this in a gift with purchase and have really fell in love with it. Not only is it SPF 50, but it absorbs super quickly and almost feels like a powder consistency once it has absorbed so it’s not oily or greasy whatsoever. I like to use this one the same as the Solar Defense Booster, and I switch them out depending on the day.
Lastly I just wanted to include a no-makeup (please excuse my hair) picture. I definitely don’t have perfect skin, and there are many things I want to fix, but I think that the biggest part of a good skin care routine is feeling comfortable and beautiful in your own skin (aka loving yourself always). I do hope you enjoyed reading this skin care routine, even though it was extremely long (sorry). Please leave a like or a comment if you enjoyed. xx.
– kadyn 💋