If you are in any way beauty obsessed, you probably have a list of youtube subscriptions and are constantly keeping up with new videos from your favorites. One of the most popular videos that beauty YouTubers do would be the monthly or current favorites. Those are always my favorite videos to watch, because it typically shows you new products that people have been loving. Recently, Jaclyn Hill created the ‘Ride or Die’ makeup tag (I will link it below for anyone looking to watch it 😘), so I wanted to do that for you in this post, and show the makeup products that I use on a daily basis, and basically cannot live without. For the most part I used the categories that Jaclyn did, and will list them somewhat in order. I tried to take pictures of most of the products, and I apologize in advance for my picture taking skills, I’m still working on those so bear with me. 😋
• Primer – Too Faced Hangover Rx. I have fairly dry skin, so I find that this primer works amazing at keeping my skin hydrated underneath my makeup and makes it less likely to flake. Even though I think it works great for hydration, I don’t necessarily think it makes my makeup last any longer or provides much of a base for my makeup.
• Foundation – Estee Lauder Double Wear. I started using this almost a year ago, and to this day it is still my all time favorite foundation. It is definitely very full coverage, so if you’re looking for lighter coverage, this definitely isn’t the foundation for you. I find that it gives the coverage I am looking for, and lasts all day on me.
• Concealer – Maybelline Fit Me. This was one of the first concealers I tried, and I have loved it ever since. I think it is perfect to use under my eyes, on my chin, nose, and forehead to brighten those areas. I love blending it out with a Beauty Blender, because I find that it makes it look the most natural while still giving coverage.
• Next on the ‘Ride or Die’ list would be a face powder. I did not choose one, because I still have yet to find a face powder that I am absolutely in love with.
• Under Eye Setting Powder – YourMinerals Sweden Transparent Veil. I got this in a Boxycharm a while back when ‘baking’ started to become very popular. I have tried a few different translucent powders, and I still keep going back to this one! It has a little bit thicker of a consistency than some that I have tried in the past, but I think that is what makes me love it so much.
• Blush – Studio Makeup Soft Blend Blush in 07 Wildflower. This was another product I have received in a Boxycharm (side note: I love Boxycharm and highly recommend it for people looking to try new products) and at first I wasn’t a huge fan. But once I tried it a few more times, I realized how beautiful it was! It is a very soft pink, but it looks great with any look. It has decent pigment to it, but it isn’t so pigmented that you have to spend hours trying to blend it out. All in all, I think it is a great blush and is definitely the one I reach for the most.
• Bronzer – Nars Laguna. This bronzer has been loved by many for a very long time, and I can definitely see why. I just recently got a small sample of it, and as soon as I used it I realized why so many people love it. It has a bit of shimmer to it, and it is the perfect mixture of warm and cool. It isn’t necessarily my favorite contour powder, but I do love to use it to bronze up my face just a bit.
• Highlight – MAC Soft and Gentle. Highlighting is probably my new favorite makeup trend, because it just makes everyone look like they are glowing. MAC Soft & Gentle is the highlight that I usually reach for, since it is just the perfect amount of glow without being too much.
• Mascara – Benefit They’re Real. I am definitely a mascara junkie, and probably have at least 10 little mascara samples in my drawer right now. The Benefit They’re Real mascara has been one that I have repurchased many times, mainly because I think it makes my lashes look fabulous.
• Lipstick – Nars Audacious Lipstick in Anita. I love this lipstick because I think it is the perfect pinky nude, but isn’t too light. I think it looks amazing with a bunch of different looks, and the formula on the Nars Audacious lipsticks is extremely buttery and smooth. In the picture of the swatches, I also included my favorite lip liner. The one that I reach for the most is definitely NYX Lip Liner in Peekaboo Neutral (it is the swatch on the right).
• Liquid Lipstick – I decided to choose two for this category. My favorite basic, goes with everything liquid lip would definitely be Colourpop x KathleenLights Lumiere 2, and my favorite bold liquid lip would have to be Kat Von D Damned. I love the formula of both of these, and think they are very long lasting on the lips without being over drying.
• Lip Gloss – I will admit, I am not a huge lip gloss person. I think I am just very into the matte lips right now, but I’m guessing I’ll be a gloss person in a few years. My two favorite go-to glosses would have to be Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink and Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Leslie.
• Lashes – I am just now starting to get into lashes, but I think the ones that I always have to keep in my collection would have to be the Ardell 110’s. They aren’t too dramatic, and I find that I can wear them for really any occasion. (I apologize for the picture not being sideways, my computer hates me today).
• Eye Shadow Palette – Too Faced Natural Eye. I find that this is the palette that I reach for the most, especially for day to day use. I think it has gorgeous neutrals in it that can be used for anything, whether it is work or a date night.
Thank you so much for reading this post. I hope that you found a few new products that might be worth trying. At the very bottom I will go ahead and include links to all the products, as well as Jaclyn Hill’s channel. Have a great day.
– Kadyn 💋
- http://www.sephora.com/hangover-replenishing-face-primer-P387589?skuId=1626043&icid2=products%20grid:p387589 (Too Faced Hangover Rx)
- http://www.sephora.com/double-wear-stay-in-place-makeup-P378284?skuId=1465327&icid2=products%20grid:p378284 (Estee Lauder Double Wear)
- http://www.sephora.com/bronzing-powder-P12790?skuId=537878&icid2=products%20grid:p12790 (Nars Laguna)
- http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13849/30735/Products/Makeup/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish#/shade/Highlight_the_Truth (MAC Soft & Gentle)
- http://www.sephora.com/they-re-real-lengthening-volumizing-mascara-P289307?skuId=1343938&icid2=products%20grid:p289307 (Benefit They’re Real)
- http://www.sephora.com/audacious-lipstick-P387906?keyword=nars%20audacious%20lipstick&skuId=1846898&_requestid=539808 (Nars Lipstick)
- http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/slim-lip-pencil/NYX_052.html?cgid=lip-pencils#start=8&cgid=lip-pencils (NYX Lip Pencil)
- http://www.sephora.com/everlasting-love-liquid-lipstick-P384954?skuId=1705052&icid2=products%20grid:p384954 (Kat Von D Liquid Lip)
- http://www.sephora.com/natural-eye-neutral-eye-shadow-collection-P241303?skuId=1604016&icid2=products%20grid:p241303 (Too Faced Palette)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C08upOMKak (Jaclyn Hill Ride or Die Makeup Tag)